Monday, August 9, 2010

Recent crafty endeavors

This past weekend I had the opportunity to be in what may have been the most fantastic wedding ever.  Our good friends literally "took the plunge" and jumped off a 10m highdive during their wedding ceremony.  The creativity didn't end there...that evening all of the bride chicas (as we were fondly referred to) wore wild hair pieces to signify our status.  A few weeks ago we gathered at the "Chica of Honor's" house to create these lovely colorful hairclips from peacock feathers, silk flowers, fake butterflies and birds, and LOTS of hot glue.  I think they turned out pretty snazzy and went well with the reception's flamenco theme:


On another crafty tangent, I thought I'd share my current knitting endeavor.  I found this pattern on a great knitting blog http://knit1fortheroad.blogspot.com/search/label/wowza%20wrist%20warmers .  It's still in the works, but I love the pattern that it is creating.  The picture doesn't do the color justice- it's a pretty dark teal that will go great with my brown winter coat.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.
And finally, I just had to post about my current favorite craft book (along with cookbooks, another obsession of mine!): Softies by Therese Laskey.  As you can see in the picture, I made Ms. Green Tea (well, Earl Grey in this case) Bag already (in addition to Treeling and two different versions of Wee Robot for gifts).


I'm thinking about starting the adorable whale on the cover for an upcoming project...more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment