Thursday, August 26, 2010

Late night mocha + new craft book = unlimited POWER!

Sometimes I wonder about decisions I make.  Tonight I bought a new travel mug at a local coffee shop while out at the Thursday night farmer's market in our neighborhood.  Now this was a very practical decision because 1) I like to bring my own coffee in the morning and 2) my old travel mug permanently tastes like...well...no comment. However, a less than prudent decision was to say "yes, please!" to the offer of a free large mocha in my new travel mug.  At 7:45 pm. On a work night.  Despite the fact that I will likely have a rough wake-up involving more caffeine, I don't regret my delicious mocha or my new favorite craft book purchase made while still on said mocha high: One-Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Hoskins.


Among other projects, I'm particularly excited about making a cover for the hideous 2-drawer file cabinet up-for-grabs at work.  I'm not sure it will go with the semi-professional theme I was attempting for my office, but then again, neither does a shnasty file cabinet!

In other news, we found a tasty (and CHEAP!) sushi place in the neighborhood last week called Rolls 'n' Bowls.  Extremely fresh fish, nice family-run establishment, and just overall great rolls.  Plus it's BYOB with no corkage fee.  Although it lacks date-night ambiance, it's the perfect spot for weeknight sushi cravings. I'm hesitant to write a Yelp review because I don't want anyone else to find this place.

Pretty fancy presentation for the price:


And completely unrelated to anything else on this post (blame it on the mocha high)...I just couldn't resist posting a pic of Ivy in her ridiculously cute and sleepy state:


Maybe that will motivate me to put down my book and head to bed...nah.

4 comments:

  1. Those sushi pics are making my mouth water! Sounds like we need to plan a dinner @ Rolls n' Bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of you reading your craft book with all things caffeine around you =) Let me know how the filing cabinet cover comes out, I also have one that could use a makeover. I was thinking of painting it, but if your idea is cuter I may go that route instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting, ladies! Once I get the cover done, I'll definitely report back. And sushi is also definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found my google account password, so now I can post!

    ReplyDelete