Monday, August 16, 2010

Crafting When You Least Expect It

This past weekend we went to see Buffet at Toyota Park.  Despite the crazy heat (it didn't help that we were sitting in a parking lot), we had a great time tailgating beforehand.  Our friend Christy was nice enough to handle all of the decorating and preparation- including a kiddie pool, sand, tent, grill, food, beer, and...the essential $0.99 full-assembly-required-glow-in-the-dark lei.  There's nothing better than doing a "craft" at a Buffet concert, although I had a bit of trouble with it at first. I seemed to be missing a few connectors (go ahead...make a joke):
 While Christy had no trouble at all and got it right the first time:
After a little searching, the connectors were finally found and we had a great night.  As cheesy as Jimmy Buffet is, there's just something about him that makes you want to relax, spend time with friends, and just enjoy the little things.  Although I think I might have an easier time doing that more often if I lived in paradise...so now when are we moving to Key West? Maui?  Anywhere that doesn't turn to ice in a few months?  I can dream I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment